Evey cent I’ve spent so far with yoga has been so worth it. I’ve made a “resumée” describing what I’ve bought since januar 2012:
1. My mat, an Amadomat lila. About US$40. Soooo worth it.
2. YogaGlo subscription. US$18/month. One of the best investments ever. So little money and so many classes with some of the best teachers in the world! Love it. They pour their hearts in each class.
3. My Ekomat kit: New mat, two blocks and one strap. About US$90. Blocks are very helpful. For aligment and also to prevent injuries. I use it almost everyday. My new mat (that is not that new anymore) is lighter and more resistent. I still have my 1st mat tough, because of reasons. I don’t want to throw it away :’)
4. Books. About US$40. “Light on Yoga”, by Iyengar, and “Bhagavad-Gita according to gandhi”. No comments.
5. My camomile eyepillow, bag for my mat and mat cleaner. About US$80 everything. Those are no fancy stuff. My eyepillow has helping me go deeper in my relaxation, helps me to sleep and is efficient (when I put it in the fridge and it’s very cold) to dimm headaches. A must have.
6. Webseminar with Noah-Mazé and Daren Rhodes on YogaGlo. US$22. Very good. Now I want to do another webseminar with Kathryn Budig and Tiffanny Kruikschank (her last name is a challenge. I’m sorry, it’s probably wrong), two of my fave teachers.
7. My lotus necklace, about US$35 and still on its way. I’m waiting!!
So, each penny spent on Yoga is giving so much benefits that now I feel confident about spending much more money, time and energy with Yoga, because it’s so worth it. My last urge is to buy a new lululemon mat and a water botle, both are with promotional prices and shipping costs are US$30. I have a good feeling about this.
And also my online yoga class with Kimberly Johnson. I’ve wrote her yesterday and I’m waiting for the answer (excited!).
It’s so good to spend money with things that make you happy, isn’t it? I don’t “demonize” money, I believe it’s a fairly good arrangement to keep things in society moving from one hand to another. I believe it’s only bad when you consider it the most important thing in your life. Once I’ve read somewhere this: “money is for safety”. I think it’s very true.
For safety and also to pamper yourself (sometimeeessss…).